Our PhilosophyAt Nashoba North, we believe in healthy eating with food that is fun. Every meal at camp is created with an eye for kid satisfaction! Meals are nutritious and prepared in the our on-site modern kitchen. Nashoba’s homemade meals are served family-style and prepared by our two experienced head chefs and their team of prep-cooks and culinary assistants. Our nutritional menu is reviewed by certified dieticians. We believe in meals that are:
- made with fresh and authentic ingredients
- locally-sourced, seasonally produced from Maine and throughout New England
Let's Talk BreakfastIn the morning we offer a large breakfast bar filled with fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, raisins and bagels. Complimenting our breakfast bar, campers will find assorted cold and hot cereals and a hot breakfast meal served family-style at each table. Hot meals vary and include items like french toast, blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, omelets and waffles.
How About Lunch and Dinner?
Birthdays are such fun at camp!They are always celebrated with a personalized birthday cake large enough to share with the entire cabin, and of course, lots of singing. We love birthdays at Nashoba and parents are welcome to call to send along birthday wishes.
- We use local foods whenever possible and practical. Chef Russell has been sourcing more of our food from local farmers and suppliers right here in Maine!
- We use natural and wholesome ingredients whenever possible, reducing the use of “processed foods.”
- We provide alternatives to those campers with special dietary needs e.g. sugar reduced diets, vegetarians, gluten free, food allergies, dietary constraints, etc.
- Healthy choices are available for all appetites!
- We practice sustainable living efforts like composting, recycling and choosing biodegradable products whenever feasible.
- We consider ourselves environmental stewards! We carry our respect for the Earth from the kitchen to the campers’ table.
- We can accommodate most special dietary requirements of campers and staff.
- We do not cook with any nuts or nut oils and can accommodate any allergies and/or special dietary needs.
Meet Our Chef
Our head chef is joined each summer by a fantastic crew of collegiate culinary students.
- Camp Nashoba North: 2001 – present
- Sailfish Point Country Club, Hutchinson Island, FL: 2004 – present
- Harvard University Dining Service: 1998 – 2003
- ServeSafe Certified